sunnudagur, júlí 01, 2007

Snapping Turtle Skirt


Wanna see my new skirt? I made it all by myself! The pattern hails from the book Knitting Nature, which has become my bosom buddy and the place to go to for all things knitty. The skirt took me a couple months to knit and while I was at it it looked so bad I honestly thought that I would chuck it straight into the garbage can when it was ready. Alas, that did not happen; the skirt came out much better than I ever dared to hope. It's pure wool so I won't be using it a lot over the summer but you can bet that I'll wear it to threads once the weather gets a little cooler. That's when I'll start knitting some more stuff from the book too.

Currently knitting: Just starting a cardigan for a newborn... actually an unborn nephew/niece* of Shan's.

-----

* Shan's best friend since pre-kinder is pregnant. Well, his girlfriend/wife is.

11 ummæli:

Móðir, kona, meyja sagði...

Faaaaallegt

Nafnlaus sagði...

It's fabulous!

Nafnlaus sagði...

Vá.. I'm speechless..

Herdis sagði...

Thanks, guys :)

Mike sagði...
Þessi ummæli hafa verið fjarlægð af höfundi.
Mike sagði...

you made that?
wow, it is a very lovely dress...

i am always impressed how people can make things - that prob sounds weird, i hope you know what i mean... it's neat to see people that are talented in diff things...

Herdis sagði...

Thanks Mike! You know, it's so rewarding to make something with your own hands, be it a cake or a knitted skirt or changing the fan belt on your snowmobile - a kind of instant gratification that intellectual work can't really provide. Just like I'm sure you feel about your pictures (which are lovely). It's quite addictive, actually.

Herdis sagði...

Oh, and Erna, this is what I was knitting when I stayed over at your place last time. It didn't look like much back then, did it?

Mike sagði...

you are right re:the diff between the creative work and intellectual work...additionally, i think the "physical" aspect is interesting - something which my photography doesn't supply - after all, it's really just more computer work for me - lol...

Herdis sagði...

Yeah, I was thinking that while I wrote the above comment - that photography is actually a very intellectual activity. But it's also instantly gratifying and most important - it's not work!! :)

Mike sagði...

photography is a nice blend of (to use the stereotypical terms) right and left brain activities... (well, you wouldn't want a staunchly rational/logical bloke like myself to go cold turkey, would you?)

i try to make everything not like work - that's why i like to teach - i'd do it even if not financially required...