mánudagur, júlí 30, 2007

On me way

Ok, I will go to Iceland this summer after all. When it became clear that the trip to the Philippines would stretch into September, it became a necessity to renew a certain somebody's visa. The itinerary is:

Syracuse, NY - JFK
JFK - KEF
KEF - Frankfurt

and back the same way, with 6 days in Iceland. They better keep the embassy open while I'm there!!

Then as I'm back in Ithaca, it'll be no more than 48 hours before I'm on a plain again headed for the Philippines. Two weeks of work there (and maybe a short splash in the ocean) and back home, only long enough to stuff my new samples into the fridge and get ready for my in absentia plans (let's hope the grad school approves of them... spennó spennó)! Never a dull moment, as the man said.

4 ummæli:

Móðir, kona, meyja sagði...

When will you be in the country? I will be in Vienna from 25 August to 1 September. Please be here when I'm not in Vienna.

Herdis sagði...

I will be in Iceland exactly when you are in Vienna. Arriving Sunday 26, leaving Saturday Sept 1. Bömmer!! There's no chance for me to change the tickets, unfortunately :( Fúúúúúúúúúllllllttttttt

Nafnlaus sagði...

if you haven't, you might want to book a time with the embassy.. I got into trouble once not realizing that one should do that (far) in advance.. :)

Herdis sagði...

You say something. Thanks for pointing that out... I thought that one couldn't actually book a time. I'm on it - as soon as I find my cell phone!