þriðjudagur, júlí 24, 2007

Spreeeeeeee

Sometimes when I go to amazon.com, I cannot contain myself.

Today I have placed three separate orders there. Yes, I know, I'm insane.

The first two are for work stuff. An Atlas of Hawaii, of which I have already purchased a copy, which disappeared. There used to be at least 2 if not 3 copies available in my lab; now all are gone. I'm going to put a trace on this thing when it gets here. You know, like they put on underage wizards.

I don't think people will be as keen to "borrow" the other work-related book I ordered: Core Python Programming. I need to learn some real programming if I want to skip over insanity on my way to a Ph.D. There's just no way around it.

And then the yummi stuff: Knitted Fits... smuff, no, it's Fitted Knits... hard to get that one straight. This book's knit-along (you're entirely forgiven for not having a clue here) is a great ad for the book, I wasn't really interested in it until I saw what knitters out there are doing with/for the designs. And, for good measure, I threw in a book about the history of Islam...

8 ummæli:

Mike sagði...

programming - sweet!
if i can ever be of assistance in that area, let me know

Móðir, kona, meyja sagði...

And now you're knitting yourself a straightjacket?

Herdis sagði...

Straightjacket, what a splendid idea! You want one too?

And Mike, you're putting yourself in harm's way here. I might just take you up on your offer... bigtime!!

Nafnlaus sagði...

Herb, I have to say I do envy you from learning programming. I hope to learn that one day too. There is something about programing that is just so cool, the same way genetics are cool and mathematics are cool.... Just gotta love all that stuff.

Mike sagði...

you forget - i *love* to program...

asking me to help with programming is like giving me a present!

Herdis sagði...

Erna, don't start envying me too soon. I might decide that I'd rather go with the insanity scenario ;)

And Mike, sounds good :)

Móðir, kona, meyja sagði...

I would love to have a straightjacket knitted by you! Absolutamente!

Herdis sagði...

Ok, I'm on it!