föstudagur, desember 19, 2003

Thank y'all

for responding so quickly to our little nickname contest. On a small meeting in Brian's office today the suggestions were evaluated, and opinions were, to say the least, divided!!

Personally, I like the Balli basalt idea a lot. However, Brian doesn´t really deal in basalt, he´s more of a carbonate guy (gee, I hope I´m not revealing any ignorance here...). At least his rock samples all look like carbonates to me, but that may be because I am a basalt girl :)

Bo is, as Hallveig pointed out, a perennial favorite and explaining who the original is earned me a crash-course in American popular culture of the 70'ies. Unfortunately, Brian doesn´t think Bo sounds Icelandic enough... but before I could really defend this classic, Stína's comment came in and I nearly pissed myself laughing. It took some explaining what was so funny since I´m obvoiously the only one who has a chance of understanding the joke in the first go, but eventually everyone agreed that Brjánn rúskinn would be a runner-up for the final. Brian himself didn´t seem to be too impressed, and actually fancied Kata's suggestions more than any other. How about Bubbi? That´s also a classic, and an artist's name (although Brian's music couldn't be farther removed, both conceptually and otherwise, from Bubbi's).

From now on, only time will tell.

Engin ummæli: